Monday, November 4, 2013

Divvy Bike




















How has your Divvy Bike experience been? My husband and I are sharing an annual pass. There has been some good and bad with it however.

GOOD:
-The stations are everywhere!
-The bike is comfortable
-The seat is easy to adjust
-The lights are so great on the bike
-Bungy cords and a semi-basket on the front
-The annual pass is a steal! Only need to use it 11 times and it's worth your money. And time, you don't have to swipe your credit card every time you use it.

BAD:
-I have had multiple experiences where there either wasn't a bike or I couldn't dock my bike.
-Not completely intuitive to release your bike. I had to pull it quite hard.
-Great for tourists, but only in nice weather.

As a funny side note, every time I get a bike, a curious passer-by wants the run down on how it works. It's hard to be polite and explain but also convey that I'm on a time clock.  

Atlantic Cities posted a hilarious article about awkward bike sharing ethics with some really funny tweets of people "doing it wrong", taking bikes on public transit as well as locking up bikes.
If you use a bike-share system in any city where demand sometimes outstrips supply, you have probably been in this moment: staring at someone else, who is staring at you, while you both eye the same and sole bike left in a docking station. (A corollary encounter: you and your adversary are fast cycling toward the last remaining docking spot in an otherwise full station.)


Those that think bike sharing should be free? I ask you to observe Rome....


3 comments:

  1. The trick to getting the bikes out of the docks is to lift the seat and then pull it out. Makes it much easier.

    Also...I am completely obsessed with Divvy! (case in point: http://www.metroplanning.org/news-events/blog-post/6765)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Abby! You seem to have a ton of experience! Also, first time I've been on the MPC blog - I'm hooked.

      Delete
  2. Can't pick up your bike in person? Do not worry. Just indicate the correct address and we will deliver it throughout Poland free of charge. rowerki dla dziewczynek

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...